Wednesday, May 23, 2012

No news is good news!

You haven't heard from me in awhile, but that's a good thing. Everyone is healthy and sleeping pretty well. The girls are sleeping through the night for the most part. They wake up and squeak a little, but will put themselves back to sleep. Millie wants to get up at 5, but I usually push her to wait until closer to 6 to eat. The last few days I've had to wake Ruby up to eat with her sister. Terrible, but that's what you have to do with twins. They do not seem to wake each other up when they cry. They have learned to tune each other out I guess. Wish that worked for me when Scott snores. Of course now that the girls are sleeping well Emmett is waking up super early. The girls might be waking him up, but regardless he is up at 5 screaming at us from his bed. He has been very irritable as a consequence.

I'm not sure what to do with Emmett. He is the most entertaining lovable child, but he is so strong willed. He has learned how to scream and does so at every opportunity. He has also learned to say "Screaming, time out," but that doesn't stop him from continuing. "OK" is his favorite catch phrase and he sounds like a petulant teenager. I asked him this morning if he wanted to watch Barney and he replied, "OOOKAY" like I was putting him out. He is waking up from his nap right now, and I hear him over the monitor going "OK, OK, please, OK." He is also not too thrilled about Millie and Ruby being around. He has started to hit them on occasion when I am holding them. All normal jealousy stuff, but these girls are learning to be tough. Jake bit Millie's foot the other night. We were all in the playroom, and normally I don't even put the girls on the floor when Jake and Emmett are around, but Mamie and I were both there. Emmett had a dirty diaper, and we turned our heads for 1 minute to wrestle him to the ground when we heard Millie crying. We didn't know what happen until Mamie took Millie's sock off and we saw two little bite marks. I felt terrible. I worry so much about how to keep the girls safe.

I have an awesome video of Jake to share. He has been taking swim lessons with Beth Scruggs since he was 2. She has worked so hard with him and it has taken a long time, but he is doing great and he loves it.  I think I told you in the last post that he swam 25 yards on his own. He wears flippers which helps, but he is not wearing any life jacket or other support. He swims a little, then stops to pick his head up and breathe and then continues. Truly amazing. I have tried to post the video here, but I can't get it to work, and I don't have time to figure it out so here is a link to it on you tube: http://youtube/W8Xil61t7BQ


The first picture I have gotten of Emmett with the girls. I trusted him to sit there next to the girls for the 1 second I took to take the picture. Fortunately he kept his hands to himself.


Millie looks like she is leaning in for the party pic with Ruby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment